One sleepless night (it’s 4 am!!!!) and I decided to write a sequel to “Run MaxL in Workspace“.
Year is 2023 and run maxl has new super hero skills 🙂 (reminds me of Neo’s superman flying skills….)
This is similar to running MaxLs in Workspace, trick is to create another generic job application.
Here is how it is done
Follow the steps given below, and you can run bat files in Workspace.
Step 1: Create a Job Application
Create a generic job application as shown below. (Navigate -> Administer -> Reporting and Analysis -> Generic Job Applications)
- Provide a Product Name (this is the name that shows up as Job Factory Application) when importing a job.
- Select Product Host. (This is the Workspace server)
- Type $PROGRAM $PARAMS, you can also click the buttons to insert Command Template. (this is where it is different from the MaxL job application)
- Provide the Executable as %WINDIR%System32cmd.exe
Step 2: Import a bat file
- Import a bat file into Workspace as a job. (Import file as job)
- Check “Import as Generic Job” check box.
- Select the newly created Job Application and click Finish.