What happens when you put me on a 4.5 hr flight without a headset!!!
Well this happens 🙂 I start working on some of the cool (atleast to me) stuff.
First version of NUMSysCMDLauncher was released and I’m playing with lot of Groovy stuff nowadays and I kind of like it. My first thought was to rewrite all the things that I developed in Groovy. (Well let’s say that I started it)
New version of NUMSysCMDLauncher is coded in Groovy(nothing you have to worry about), and has two new features.
- You can now export Essbase filters to a MaxL script
- You can make those Planning read only filters to meta_read filters (thanks to Cameron)
The way you launch NUMSysCMDLaucher is changed a little bit and you can look at the documentation at https://sourceforge.net/p/numsyscmdlauncher/wiki/Home
Exporting Essbase filters
Starting from Version 2.0 you can now export Essbase filters with the user/group assignments to a MaxL script.
usage: NUMSysCMDLauncher -u -p -file [options]
Available options (use -help for help):
- -D <-D encryptstring> Use this if you are using encryption
- -deletegroup Delete Group operation
- -deleteuser Delete User operation
- -encrypt <-encrypt string2encrypt> Use this for encrypting strings
- -EssApp <-EssApp EssbaseAppName> Essbase Application Name
- -EssDb <-EssSvrNameDb EssbaseServerDbName> Essbase Database Name
- -EssSvrName <-EssSvrName EssbaseServerName> Essbase Server Name
- -exportfilters Export Essbase filters
- -file <-file filename> File with Users/Groups information
- -help prints usage
- -importgroup Import Group operation
- -importuser Import User operation
- -makeplanlike Convert Read filters to MetaRead
- -maxlfile <-maxlfile MaxLFileName> MaxL file for exporting filters
- -p <-p password> Password for connecting to Shared Services
- -u <-u username> Username for connecting to Shared Services
Information provided via above options is used for HSS and Essbase operations.
As you can see two new options are here -exportfilters
As usual you can encrypt the whole string of parameters, Now if you have space in file path (which I don’t like) you can encrypt the string as given below.
-encrypt “””-u admin -p password -file “C:/Temp/import users.txt” -importuser”””
Once you encrypt it you can run the command to export the filters.
This will produce a file similar to the one given below.
Make those Planning read filters as Meta Read
As you all know those Planning filters are read only, when you are in Planning you can see only the members that you’ve access to. Now if you create an FR report and select Essbase as your datasource (oppose to Planning) or use Essbase connection in Smart View – User can see entire hierarchy. Now you can change those filters from Read to Meta Read to mimic the same feature.
You can export the filters along with -makeplanlike switch.
As you can see above I didn’t use encryption (it is not forced on you ;))
Let’s look at the MaxL now
There you go :), you can use this in your Planning refresh process now 🙂
As usual you can download the new version from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/numsyscmdlauncher/files/